Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It is no surprise that this is my favorite holiday. Sure, I love most holidays, but this one is really special. And yes a big part of that is because of the food, and how much I enjoy cooking and providing wonderful delights to my family and friends. I do show my love through food.
The food is not the only reason I love this holiday though. Most importantly, it is about reflection. About slowing down, enjoying time with your loved ones, giving thanks, and being grateful. It is called Thanksgiving after all!
Last year I started a tradition that I intend to keep up. Where I share who I am thankful for and what I am grateful for. This is a great way to ensure the true meaning of the holiday is celebrated, and to remind me of the important things in life.
We would love to hear from you too, and encourage you to share what you are thankful for this year.
Photo by Rula Sibai on Unsplash
Thanksgiving 2017: Giving Thanks & Being Grateful
This Year I Give Thanks To:
- My family, who supports me in every thing I do, no matter how insane. Who encourages me every day, and reminds me of the most important things in life. They always give me sound advice and support.
- My husband for always reminding me to not take life too seriously. He keeps me laughing, especially when I am down. And his patience in putting up with all my crazy health experiments.
- My friends, who I cherish more and more ever year. I adore watching them raise their kids and expand their families, enjoy looking back on old memories, and making new ones.
This Year I Am Grateful For:
- My health, even though it often feels like a mess. Overall, I have a sound body and mind, and am fortunate to have these essential blessings.
- The food that nourishes and sustains me. And that I can show my love and appreciation by cooking others wonderful food, and pour my passion into creating with food.
- The abundance that God has provided me. The earth, animals, love, happiness, and the list goes on. I owe it to him and my future generations to care for others and our environment.
What are you grateful/thankful for? We wold love to hear from you in the comments below.
Join the Our Food Fix Family
Subscribe to our list to receive FREE recipes, healthing living resources, and planning and efficiency tips.