There will be no shortage of pumpkin recipes on this site. We truly cherish winter squash in all its glory, both in sweet dessert form and in savory form. Savory pumpkin is just as delicious, promise. This Pumpkin Hummus will prove that point.
We (and by we I really mean Garett) are big dip people. We also love snacks, and if we have the choice, may eat several snacks instead of an actual meal. Don’t judge, you know you have done it too.
Some of our favorite snacks include:
- Nachos, especially the healthy kind. Then we don’t feel so guilty devouring an entire tray.
- Sweet potato toast. We love that it can be both sweet and savory and works for any meal of the day.
- Chips and dip. Guacamole, salsa, and some sort of creamy dip are all obvious loves.
- Wings. Either the real thing or our cauliflower variety. Becuase wing sauce? #winning. P.S. the post we just linked to includes all sorts of snack love.
To satisfy the chip and dip craving, hummus is an awesome option. It has it all, really. It is creamy, filling, and believe it or not, healthy too.
For those who can tolerate chickpeas, they are a lovely little legume. Personally, I don’t eat beans often. I like black beans, but they don’t really agree with me. Chickpeas, however, don’t both me at all. Go figure. Our individual systems are fascinating, aren’t they?
Anyways, chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, have an array of nutrients. They include potassium, magnesium, calcium, B-vitamins, and have a good amount of iron. Most importantly, they are high in fiber, which is essential to healthy digestion and nutrition.
As with everything else, it is best to get your fiber from natural plant sources. Avoid supplements with manufactured ingredients.
Also bear in mind that if you don’t each much fiber already, you will want to slowly build up the amount. Adding too much fiber too quickly could result cause digestive upset.
This is also a great dish to bring to a party. It is simple to prepare, full of flavor, and a great “healthy” option. Guests won’t know or even care that it’s healthy, because, pumpkin hummus. That is all that matters.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve with crudités, your favorite crackers, or pita bread.
Be sure to follow ourfoodfix on Instagram and tag your recipes with #ourfoodfix! You can also share photos on our Facebook page. Thanks a million for your support!
Join the Our Food Fix Family
Subscribe to our list to receive FREE recipes, healthing living resources, and planning and efficiency tips.