This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayFlavorsAreHere #CollectiveBias
The season of parties has begun. You are likely gearing up to host a holiday celebration, or are just thinking about getting started. Either way, you need your party game to be solid. Your guests are going to need some help to keep going all night long. And not just any reinforcements, festive holiday caffeinated reinforcements.
And because it is the holidays, you cannot just serve plain old coffee. This time of year is all about elaboration, indulgence, and enjoying good times. After all, they only come once a year.
Read through to learn how to Create the Best Gourmet Holiday Coffee Bar, and ways to customize the ingredients and accompaniments to suit your specific tastes.
Plus, a special offer to get Starbucks® packaged coffee or K-Cup® pods for your holiday party. Let’s jump in.
Note: click the image above to shop the products and order them for your holiday gathering! And don’t forget to grab the coupon at the end of this post.
How to Create a Gourmet Holiday Coffee Bar
Step 1: Select Your Ingredients
Coffee: The Star of the Show
First things first, let’s talk coffee. Don’t settle for your no-name store brand. You want something bold, pure, and full of holiday flavor. Starbucks® Holiday Blend 28 oz ground coffee is exactly this and imparts a subtle maple flavor that works wonderfully with other flavors.
Not everyone enjoys coffee in the same strength, so consider brewing a couple different options. Fewer grounds and more water will yield a weaker brew, and more grounds and less water with yield a bolder brew. Personally, we prefer a stronger coffee, especially when mixing in other flavors. We always want to actually taste the coffee.
When using ground coffee, you can easily brew some in advance and chill it, having a cold coffee for those preferring this option.
Whatever you chose, make sure you have options to suit everyone’s tastes.
Next up, mix-ins and flavorings. You will want to include everything from your basic mix-ins to more elaborate gourmet options. Again, consider multiple flavors to suit a variety of tastes. Because this is a themed coffee bar, using holiday flavors works best.
- Traditional milk and dairy-free options such as almond and/or coconut milk, creamer or half and half
- Sugar cubes, loose raw sugar, and sugar substitutes
- Flavored syrups in holiday flavors – peppermint, hazelnut, pumpkin spice
- Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffle Bag – 19 oz.
In the next step, we will review how to present these ingredients.
Step 2: Build Your Bar
Once you have your ingredients in order, you can begin building a drink station. Here are a few guidelines when setting up your bar.
- Know your space. Depending on the space you are working with, adjust the size of your station. Consider the set up from your guest’s perspective, you want items easily accessible and to flow with how they will move through your space. For instance, set the coffee on one side, mix-ins in the middle, straws, spoons, and other utensils on the other side.
- Set out all utensils. Arrange coffee cups, spoons, and containers. Get your napkins and straws prepared. Select ramekins or containers to hold your mix-ins.
- Assemble your mix-ins. If you are making homemade syrups, prepare them in advance and add to selected containers. Skewer various Lindt Chocolate Lindor Truffles on festive straws or sticks, and place in individual dishes. Add a holiday label to each, chalkboard tags, or designate specific colors for each flavor.
- Decorate and accessorize. Add some holiday flare with festive ribbons, a tablecloth, napkins, and more. Have fun and make the set unique.
Step 3: Customize
Now that your ingredients are prepared and your bar is set, you can have some fun. We love the combination of Starbucks® Holiday Blend 28 oz ground coffee with Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffle Bag – 19 oz. The sweet rich flavor of the truffles brings out the subtle maple flavor in the coffee. A classic holiday pairing.
Test your ingredient combinations and create some suggested mixes for your guests. Consider printing out or writing up a mini menu for everyone to try. Some ideas include:
- Traditional Mocha. Mix a Lindt Milk Chocolate Lindor Truffle into a warm mug of Starbucks® Holiday Blend. Add milk or cream to taste.
- Midnight Mocha. Mix a Lindt Dark Chocolate Lindor Truffle into a warm mug of Starbucks® Holiday Blend. Add milk or cream to taste.
- Peppermint White Mocha. Mix a Lindt White Chocolate Lindor Truffle and a generous dash of peppermint syrup into a warm mug of Starbucks® Holiday Blend. Add milk or cream to taste.
And that friends, is How to Create a Gourmet Holiday Coffee Bar. What are your favorite ways to serve coffee at holiday celebrations?
We have a special offer to help you create a gourmet holiday coffee bar at home. Enjoy 50 bonus stars with purchase of any one qualifying Starbucks® packaged coffee or K-Cup® pods at Sam’s Club through 11/1/17-12/26/17! Print or save your coupon HERE.
At your local Sam’s Club, locate the Starbucks® Holiday Blend 28 oz ground coffee in the Coffee/Sweeteners aisle. The Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffle Bag – 19 oz is found in the center section of the store, in between dry goods and fresh foods, in the candy section. See our examples below for reference. Happy Holidays!
Join the Our Food Fix Family
Subscribe to our list to receive FREE recipes, healthing living resources, and planning and efficiency tips.