Sangria season is upon us. Actually, who am I kidding? It is always sangria season. Instead, I should say summer sangria season it upon us. And this 5 Ingredient Sparkling Melon and Citrus Sangria is summer sangria at its best.
I especially love sangria for parties. It is the ultimate pitcher drink, is purposely made ahead, and prevents most of us from getting too jolly. Because no one wants a sloppy party guest. Or a sloppy host for that matter.
But seriously, sangria is the perfect halfway beverage. Part wine and part fruit juice, it is the not-too-strong-but-still-an-adult-beverage solution.
And this pretty in pink sangria has all the best elements.
- Marinated fresh fruit. While fruit juice cuts the alcohol, the fresh fruit chunks are where the real flavor comes in. Marinating them is essential to bring out freshness, and while you traditionally marinate the fruit in wine, we have skipped this step to save time and limit the ingredients needed.
- Bubbles (which isn’t my nickname for nothing). I truly feel adding a sparkling element makes every drink better.
- No added sugar. The mixture doesn’t need any added sweeteners, promise. The melon juice is concentrated and naturally sweet enough.
- Vibrant color. We eat with our eyes first and sangria covers every spectrum. A variety of color is included here, with 3 varieties of melon and my favorite component, the variegated pink lemon.
Let’s back up for a second and clarify if anyone else is familiar with or has used pink lemon. I came across these beauties at the store recently and was beyond excited to use them.
They are sweeter and more mellow than traditional lemon, have a slight floral note to them, and they are a beautiful shade of pink. They would work wonderfully anywhere you use a regular lemon, or to brighten up any sweet or savory dish.
Now, back to sangria. This would be a perfect beverage to serve at a ladies lunch, or for a Mother’s Day brunch. Refreshing, crisp, and slightly sweet, it comes together in just minutes, so there is no reason not to serve this at your next gathering.
Mom will especially love it because anything with bubbles automatically feels like a celebration. And our mom’s deserve to be celebrated. Cheers to the mothers in our lives!
Be sure to follow ourfoodfix on Instagram and tag your recipes with #ourfoodfix! You can also share photos on our Facebook page. Thanks a million for your support!
- 3 cups mixed fresh melon, cubed (watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe)
- 2 variegated pink lemons, halved and sliced into thin half moons (can sub Meyer lemon or even tangerines)
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Organic Melon Juice, chilled
- ¼ cup cognac
- 1 bottle prosecco, chilled
- Additional melon and lemons for serving
- Add melon cubes, lemon slices, orange liqueur, and melon juice to a large pitcher. Stir to combine and transfer to the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to let the flavors blend.
- Once ready to serve, top with prosecco and stir to combine.
- Fill glasses with ice, add Sangria, and garnish with extra melon and lemon.
**If you cannot locate the Trader Joes Melon Juice, replace with another sugar-free juice. Add extra fresh fruit for additional flavor.
Join the Our Food Fix Family
Subscribe to our list to receive FREE recipes, healthing living resources, and planning and efficiency tips.